Tosso.com is an online store & blog that inspires active, unplugged, fun experiences, through beautifully designed, unique games, products and information.
"It doesn’t get any better than running your own business selling outdoor games in a city like San Diego", said Brent.
In the summer of 1998, a then 28 year old Brent Doud left his job at Qualcomm to start his own web design firm. He never thought he would be anywhere near the outdoor game industry at the time, but in 2003 he stumbled upon an idea for a new outdoor game and he was able to design and build the Ladder Golf brand of games. It started in the garage and moved to a small office and a warehouse, then into a fulfillment center and then into a series of larger offices and larger warehouses. "It doesn’t get any better than running your own business selling outdoor games in a city like San Diego", said Brent.
Fast forward almost 10 years later to 2012, frustrated with the quality decline and selection of most products in the outdoor game industry, Brent decided to start Tosso.com. Tosso would focus on higher quality lesser known games and products. The focus was on customer service and the best possible experience for the customer.
Tosso was on a mission to change the outdoor game industry from the first day in business. Brent created a place where people can discover lesser known, higher quality items that are designed to last. A place where people can find stories about the companies that make these products. A destination where people can purchase products with confidence and then use these products to create happy memories with family, friends and co-workers.
The current headquarters for Tosso is located in a suburb of San Diego, Ca in a city called Poway. Currently 4 employees do everything from answering phones, to pick, pack and ship orders to customers. We have a great small team of people here that work hard and play hard.
We believe in
- Fun: We are building a fun Company that our customers AND employees LOVE. For this reason, we are closed on weekends and all major holidays, so our employees can unplug and #HaveMorefun. This includes Black Friday because we #OptOutside with our family and friends.
- Profit: We focus on a fun, profitable, bootstrapped company that gives back to our Community.
- Giving Back: Some of the charities that we currently support are Challenged Athletes Foundation, Breast Cancer Angels, SAY San Diego and we are always looking to add to this list.
- Transparency: It’s our goal to provide more information about the great people and companies that make the products we sell. This is an ongoing project for us, but an important one. Follow along as we discover and share this information so you are up to date on where our products come from, how and why we chose them.
- Quality and Lifetime Value: We understand that when you invest in our games and products that you want them to last. Which is why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on everything we sell.
Investing in our customers
We have done a lot of things when it comes to advertising. We have spent tens of thousands of dollars on search ads, pay-per-click advertising, banner ads and other pay-to-play kinds of advertising. Sure… these kind of ads work to bring in sales and we still occasionally run these types of ads, but we want to invest this money into our customers and we want to build a company that our customers WANT to tell their friends about. We have implemented a referral program on our site where you can send your friends $10 off their first purchase, and for everyone that makes a purchase you can earn $10 as well. It’s a win for your friends, it’s a win for you and it’s a win for us.